From your feedback that I received from you guys, looks like how-to’s are on the list so I thought I’d start off with a bridal look. Why bridal? It’s kind of niche and all 😉 Now I’ve mentioned in a previous post about Malay bridal makeup in the Cape and thought this was a great example to show you.
It’s true that brides of Indonesian, Malaysian and Indian descent (amongst the smorgasbord of others) love makeup makeup and this look I did was a really fun, summery look and I think it worked so well with this brides fun loving personality.
A tip to all future brides out there, choose a look that reflects who you are. No use wearing something that you’re not comfortable with. It will show so just have fun with it.
- I applied a cream foundation (Kryolan Ultra) onto her skin using a MAC #190 brush and a broken latex sponge.
- I applied MAC Studio Finish concealer beneath the eyes using my fingers and buffed it out with a MAC #224.
- I set her foundation with MAC Blot Powder using a powder puff (on the t-zone and cheeks) and with a #224 brush beneath the eyes.
- I used 3 powder products to contour her face that being MAC Mineralize Powder, Avon Bronzing pearls and a MAC Cork eye shadow. I used the #109, #138 and #225 brushes.
- For the cheeks I used a mauve based blush called Jubilee by PMU and layered MAC Tippy (from Hello Kitty) above it. I used both the #168 and #116 brushes.
- I then applied MAC Hush cream colour base on top of the blush as a soft highlight using my finger.
- For the eyes I used a MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre and layered MAC Girlie and Sushi Flower over that (using a #217 and #239 brush). To contour the eye (ever so slightly) I used a bit of MAC’s Haux eye shadow (with a #222 brush).
- The eyes were lined using Inglot AMC liner in #77 using a MAC #188 brush. I used it beneath the lower lash line as well and blended it out very slightly using a MAC #210 brush.
- In the lash line, I used MAC Smoulder kohl pencil and set it with MAC”s Carbon eye shadow (with the same brushes as above)
- For the lashes I used 2-3 layers of Catrice Cosmetics Waterproof Mascara.
- Her eyebrows were filled in using MAC’s Espresso and Cork eye shadows (also with a #188 brush).
- On her lips I used a MAC lipstick called Lickable and I applied it with a lip brush. No lip liner was used.
And that’s it! I hope it was helpful. Is this a look you would consider wearing on your wedding day? What other event would you wear it to? Hit me up with some love in the comments below!